Cruise In - Friday May 27, 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Car Show - Saturday May 28, 9:00am to 3:00pm
As you may know, our warehouse expansion project has taken the space east of the original warehouse. Because of the change in available parking space, some things will be different this year.
We put together a 2016 Car Show Newsletter with all the Important Info and a Map Of Spectator Parking Areas, Trailer/Unloading Areas and the Car Show Site.
Important Car Show Info/Newsletter (811kb PDF)
1. On Saturday, we will begin parking cars at 6:00am. Please do not show up before 6:00am or try to self park. Your cooperation will help the parking go smoother and keep us from having to ask that vehicles be moved.
2. The majority of show car parking will be in grass. If there is inclement weather, please check our website for parking conditions and updates.
3. There are no accommodations for RV/camper parking on-site or at any other parking lot designated for the event. Please reserve RV/camper parking with local campgrounds. Consider the KOA campground in either Coloma or Covert, MI for RV/camper parking/overnight stay.
4. There will be no on-site parking of tow vehicles or trailers this year. Please watch for signs directing you where you can unload. Parking for all tow vehicles will be off-site of the Car Show but within 1/4 mile of the event.
5. The 2016 Car Show will be simpler to conserve space.
No Open Header Cruise - Friday
No Chassis Dyno - Friday or Saturday
No Noise-Fest - Saturday
6. Show car registration on Saturday will be from 7:00am to Noon.
A Free T-shirt and dash plaque are available to the first 1,000 on-site registrants.
Terry McMillen and the Amalie Motor Oil’s top fuel dragster will be on display Saturday.
No Drones Or Any Other Remote Control Devices
No Reserving of Parking Spaces
No Canopies, Tents, or Shelters
No Bicycles, Rollerblades, or Skateboards
No Foul or Abusive Language
No Unauthorized Golf Carts, UTV’s, or Scooters.
A big thanks to everyone that helped make this event happen: Watervliet and Coloma first responders, manufacturer representatives, food vendors, everyone that brought their show cars and race cars and the spectators. We hope you enjoyed the show!
We have added lots of pictures to our Photo Galleries page and flickr! Check them out:
The Cruise-In Celebration started the festivities on Friday night. Everyone enjoyed the great food, DJ music from Sunset Coast Entertainment and lots of show vehicles. The Open Header Cruise started at Great Lakes Antiques Mall in Coloma and ended at Lane Automotive. The route worked well, and the a large number of cars participated. The open header cruisers roared through downtown Coloma and Watervliet then joined the Cruise-In Celebration.
The Dyno Challenge was popular again this year with both Friday and Saturday slots filled. The event is open to stock and modified cars and trucks - measuring the rear wheel horsepower and torque. The Dyno Challenge sign-up fees and the registration fees for all the food concessioners directly benefit the Lane Automotive Relay for Life fund raising drive. Everyone had a good time checking out what their car could pull!
Power Adder Car Class - Bryant Goldstone, 1973 AMC Javelin, 1976 HP, 1397 Ft./Lbs. Torque
Naturally Aspirated Car Class - Josh Pollyea, 2008 Pontiac G8, 364 CID, 414 HP, 406 Ft./Lbs. Torque
Sport Compact Class - James Metropoulus, 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS, 155 CID, 298 HP, 329 Ft./Lbs. Torque
Diesel Truck - Dave Martin, 2006 Chevy 2500HD, 400 Duramax Turbo Diesel, 556 HP, 1075 Ft./Lbs. Torque
Gas Truck - Matt Stunt, 2000 Chevy Silverado Truck, 504 HP, 538 Ft./Lbs. Torque
The Engine Builder Challenge was won by Team Holley the Lakeshore High School Team 1! The events really showcased the hard work and determination of the teams. Congratulations to all of the teams! You are all winners with the knowledge you have gained.
|1||Lakeshore HS Team #1||22:12||Holley|
|2||Fremd HS Team #1||22:58||Thermo-Tec|
|3||Elkhart Area Career Team #1||24:03||Moroso|
|4||Joliet Central HS Team #2||32:54||Royal Purple|
|5||Elkhart Area Career Team #2||34:00||Pro Parts|
|6||Coloma HS Team #1||56:00||Perf. Quotient|
© 2016 Lane Automotive